The Marketing Statistics & Definitions You Need To Know To Be Successful In 2019
Are you a business owner? Do you have a website? Do you want more visitors visiting your website on a daily basis? Implementing social media marketing, search engine optimization, mobile marketing, email marketing, video marketing, are a few among many of the marketing methods that can help scale your business in 2019.
Digital marketing is an integral part of having a successful business in today’s competitive landscape. Because an increasing number of consumers are utilizing the Internet to find different products and services that they may be interested in, it is becoming more and more important to present your products and/or services as an option by being easily found on the Internet in the most popular search engines and on different social media networks.
It is also important to stay ahead of the curve and your competition when it comes to implementing top marketing strategies because it can literally make or break your business. The leaders in marketing typically are able to capture a majority of the market share in any given marketplace and/or industry.
As a business owner, you need to stay ahead of your competition in all facets of the business. This includes marketing. If your competitor is implementing new marketing methods before you, it is imperative that you catch up as soon as possible. Let’s start with learning some of the key digital marketing terms.
Let’s take a look at 2019’s Top Marketing Definitions and Statistics.
What Is Marketing Automation? Marketing automation is technology that manages marketing processes and multifunctional campaigns, across multiple channels, automatically. With marketing automation, businesses can target customers with automated messages across email, web, social, and text.
Many marketing departments have to automate repetitive tasks such as emails, social media, and other website actions. The technology of marketing automation makes these tasks easier.
Here’s Three Statistics On Why You Should Be Using Marketing Automation.
- Marketing automation can boost sales productivity by nearly 15%.
- 63% of companies outgrowing their competitors are using automation.
- 61% of businesses using automation said that the implementation process of Marketing Automation was complicated, so 70% outsourced all or part of their tactics.
What Is Public Relations? A strategic communication process of using live news or business press to create and maintain the goodwill of an organization’s with its customers and employees which builds mutually beneficial exciting relationships. In public relations, the article that features your company is not paid for but instead earned.
Why Use It?
Public relations boost an organization’s credibility because the intermediaries who communicate the news to your audience are trusted and known to them to filter out all nonsense.
What Is A Press Release? An official statement, (also known as a news release, media release, or press statement) written or recorded, directed at members of the media for the purpose of announcing something ostensibly newsworthy.
Why Use It?
A viable and important marketing communications tool to build brand awareness, share newsworthy content and develop your story, and to overall improve your brand’s image.
64% of journalists use Google or Yahoo! to follow the news.
What Is Email Marketing? The use of email to send your commercial message promoting your products or services. It helps to identify your brand message and develop relationships with potential customers or clients.
Every email sent to a potential or current customer should be considered as email marketing.
Why Use It?
- Email marketing has a 4400% ROI and $44 for every $1 spent.
- The average value of an order from an email is at least three times higher than that of social media.
- 4.24% of visitors from email marketing buy something as compared to 2.49% of visitors from search engines and 0.59% from social media.
What Is Social Media Marketing? (SMM) refers to techniques that target social networks and applications to spread brand awareness or promote particular products. Social media marketing provides businesses with a way to reach new customers, engage with existing customers and promote its desired culture, mission or tone.
Why Use Social Media Marketing?
More than three billion people around the globe are using social media every month.
The goal is to produce content that users will share with their social networks to help you broaden customer reach and increase brand exposure. These social platforms help connect you with your customers, increase awareness about your brand, and boost your leads and sales.
Three Iinstagram marketing statistics,
- Two hundred million Instagram users visit at least one business profile each day.
- Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business.
- Every day one hundred million hours of video content are watched on Facebook alone.
What Is Search Engine Optimization? (SEO) Are the tactics, strategies, and techniques used to increase the number of visitors to a website by obtaining a high organic ranking/placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP).
Why Use Search Engine Optimization?
Consumers want to feel like they are in control of the buying process and don’t want to be heavily marketed to.
A couple SEO statistics to keep in mind are,
- 80% of all internet sessions begin with a search because consumers want to do their research.
- There are 70,000 searches on Google every second.
Ranking well in search engines is crucial because people are online searching for what you offer and you want them to find you.
What Is Link Building? A process used in search engine optimization (SEO) which secures links from relevant authoritative websites to tell the search engines that your site is a quality resource worthy of citation.
Why Use It?
70% of the links search users click on are organic.
One of the most important aspects of SEO. Critical to success when it comes to ranking organically. If you want better search engine rankings, you need more backlinks.
Quick expert opinions on why link building is so important,
- Your SEO strategy won’t rank in the top 10 on Google if it has no links.
- Links are one of the most significant factors in SEO today.
- The top-ranking content on any given search engine results page will have tons of links.
- Links give context and power to pages that Google considers authoritative.
What Is Web Content Writing & Marketing? A marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
Two Statistics On Why You Should Be Writing Content & Marketing.
- 80 Percent of consumers state “authenticity of content” is the most influential factor in their decision to become a follower of a brand.
- Seventy-two percent of businesses say branded content is more effective than advertising in a magazine.
What Is Video Marketing? A strong, forward-facing, marketing strategy showcasing the company’s high-level vision, mission, or products and services with the goal of building awareness around your brand and to intrigue and attract your target audience while building customer rapport.
Two Statistics On Why You Should Using Video Marketing To Grow Your Business.
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than reading about it.
- Almost 50 percent of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
What Is Retargeting? A form of online advertising that can help you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website. It works by keeping track of people who visit your site and displaying your ads to them as they visit other sites online.
Why Use It?
Because only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit retargeting converts window-shoppers into buyers.
What Is Blogging & Blog Design? Blogs promote perfect reader engagement. Through blogging, companies keep clients and customers up to date. The more people visit your blog, the more exposure and trust your brand gets.
Blog Design is important because,
73% of visitors skim rather than read the blog post thoroughly.
This means thoughtful design by using short paragraphs, highlighted important phrases, many headlines, subheadings, bulleted lists, imagery, videos and more.
Why Use It?
Position yourself as a subject matter expert to visitors that enjoy your content, and they are likely to share it with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other popular social networks.
Four statistics on why you should be blogging and have a nice blog design,
- More than 80 million blog posts and pages are published every month.
- Forty-seven percent of internet users read blogs regularly.
- Companies with blogs produce 67% more leads per month than companies who don’t have a blog.
- Blogs account for 434% more of indexed pages on Google.
What Is Brand Development? Using the power of emotion, it’s a critical long-term investment strategy of creating the personality that identifies your company by developing a strong, lasting, and unique name, logo, and symbol to differentiate your business or product from others and aids your target customer in easily identifying who you are and what you do.
Why Use It?
Branding impacts your company’s bottom line.
The average revenue increase attributed to always presenting the brand consistently is 23%.
Strong brand identity will help acquire customers, motivate employees, and build credibility! A sharp brand image will influence your current and prospective clients’ response to your products and services
Two more statistics on why your business needs a powerful brand image,
- 45% of consumers will unfollow a brand on social media if their platform is dominated by self-promotion.
- Business names featuring keywords ranked 1.5 positions higher compared to those without a keyword.
What Is Reputation Management? Online reputation management (ORM) is the process of influencing the information generated about your business and crafting strategies that shape or influence the public by identifying what other people are saying or feeling about you or your business, and taking steps to ensure that the consensus is in line with your vision and goals.
Six Statistics On Why You Should Be Using It.
- 49% of consumers say a business needs at least a 4-star rating before they would use them.
- Going from a 3-star to a 5-star rating delivers businesses 25% more clicks from Google.
- Every 1-star increase in a Yelp rating leads to a 5 to 9% increase in revenue. 69% of job seekers would turn down an offer from a company with reputation problems.
- 25% of a company’s market value is directly attributable to its reputation.
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations while only 14% trust advertising.
- 86% of people would pay more for services from a company with higher ratings and reviews.
What Is Web Design? Web design is technically a subset of web development and a process of creating websites that focuses on aesthetics like the layout, user interface, and other visual imagery to make the site more visually appealing and easy to use. It encompasses several different aspects, including webpage layout, content production, and graphic design.
Why Use It?
48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business.
It Increases Customer Conversion and makes a difference on how your target audience views your business or company and potentially turn them into your customers. As such, developing a website design that has an impressive user interface will result in a much better conversion rate, which leads to better business and revenue.
A well-designed website uses its elements to drive customers directly to what they need without distractions.
Six statistics on web design,
- 62% of companies which designed their site (s) for mobile platforms increased their sales.
- 94%of people judge websites on responive web design.
- Around 30% of small businesses spend between $1K to $10K for website design
- The average cost of designing a large business website with essential features is $32K. And the average time it takes to design such a site is two months.
- Then there are many (around 28%) small business owners who spend even less than $500 for their websites. The cost depends on what type of site you want.
- 38% of small businesses don’t have any website at all.
What Is Mobile Marketing? Mobile marketing and SMS (Short Message Service) marketing are digital strategies aimed at reaching users designed for delivery to smartphones, cell phones, tablets, and other handheld devices, usually as a component of a multi-channel campaign.
Why Use It?
Business owners are able to get in touch with their customers faster and easier than they ever have before.
Over 90% of text messages are read within 4 minutes of being sent.
No other marketing medium can say the same or produce the same kind of ‘open rate’ as text message marketing – a segment of mobile marketing.
Two more mobile marketing statistics,
- 33% of consumers start mobile research with a branded website, only 26% with a mobile app.
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
Have A Different Idea On The Top Marketing Statistics & Definitions?
Share your ideas and opinions with us below in the comments.
The information and definitions above can help increase your marketing efforts and ultimately, your bottom line. Contact Marqui Management today to learn everything that you will need to know in order to not only take your business to the next level but also to be able to sustain the success.